Monday, January 30, 2006

Crunky! (Joel)

Okay, I think it's time to begin Joel's introduction to korea. We'll see how long it lasts (probably today), but I'm hoping I can add something every day or so from here on out.

So first up has to be the iconic "Crunky." No korea blog is complete without it. I don't know whether it was just one of Wonka's experiments gone wrong or what, but everything about this candy bar just doesn't quite work. At first you think it's just another botched english title and it is supposed to be "crunchy" like a crunch bar which it exactly what it looks like. But then you bite into it with a "crunk" rather than a "crunch" and you realize just how aptly named the bar actually is. Basically, stick to candy bars you're familiar with here. The drinks however are another story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Thanks for warning people of the dangers of foreign candy bars. Who wants a 'crunk' instead of a 'crunch'?!? Not this ex-pat! And who wants to go to a foreign dentist to repair the filling that was destroyed by Crunky or one of his cohorts? Again, not this gal. There are lots of delicious sweets around the world...but snack with caution. I, for one, have had some unfortunate run-ins with strange combinations of raisins and other dried mystery fruits and berries coming to me in the guise of a chocolate bar.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home