Friday, January 27, 2006

Extra! Extra! Kimchi Cures Bird Flu!

Anything positive that happens in Korea is because of kimchi. No SARS outbreak a few years ago? Kimchi. North Korea hasn't attacked? Kimchi. OK, so that one's a joke, but you can tell how much Koreans love kimchi by observing the research proposals that get approved. Maybe kimchi does cure bird flu...I'm sort of hoping it doesn't, though, because then I'll actually have to eat the stuff:


Actually, I try to eat a little piece of kimchi everytime it's served. Usually it tastes horrible to me, but once in awhile I find it's actually tolerable. A couple of people have told me that if you keep trying it, eventually you'll start to really like it--now they can't live without it. I remain a skeptic, but I figure it's worth a shot. Because Joel is a freak, he likes kimchi--he liked it the very first time he tried it. To me it just tastes like fermented nailpolish remover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home