Thursday, December 14, 2006

Red Beans

Korean food doesn't really include rich desserts, but they do have a few tasty sweets. One traditional dessert item that's still popular today is red beans. Yes, you read that right! Everything from rice buns to ice cream sandwiches can include a sweet paste made out of red beans. I actually quite like red bean paste in small doses, but Joel can't stand it. One thing we both agree on, though, is that patbingsu is disgusting:



It's just red beans and fruit and ice shavings (kind of like a sno cone). If you're lucky, you get ice cream instead of ice. It's especially popular in the summer, and you can buy the red beans for it by the gallon.

I've tried grasshoppers and silkworm cocoons and and random disgusting sea creatures, but for some reason I've never been able to bring myself to try patbingsu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home