Go to the Home to Take a Rest (Because It's Good for Health)
There are so many bad English phrases that we've picked up, like the three in the title of this post. Koreans use these phrases all the time, and now we do too.
We are so screwed.
Anyway, we actually are coming to the home to take a rest on December 19th. It's finally official! I've almost typed this post three or four different times, and every time there was a different holdup.
We were originally supposed to be back on the 9th, but at the end of last week, we found out that we had a major 'miscommunication' with the school. We thought they were being nice and giving us a few days off to get ready to come home (time that's in our contract anyway), and they thought that we were going to give up our bonus (a month's salary!) for the sake of a few days off. Funny how that didn't come up until the day before we were supposed to finish...anyway, we're now staying until the 18th, which is the last day of the contract, and we're going back to Iowa on the 19th. We had been planning on going to Japan, but now there's not enough time. It's a drag, but I have a feeling we'll be back in the neighborhood, so it's not completely devastating.
Some of our friends gave us their Christmas tree before they went home to Canada, so we put that up yesterday. I'm determined not to let this spoil the Christmas spirit! It's a small tree, but it's still a tree. I'm also trying to figure out what kind of holiday baking I'm going to be doing since I only have 5 days instead of 15 to make goodies. Maybe I'll post a tentative list and see if you guys have any suggestions.
14 more days...
We are so screwed.
Anyway, we actually are coming to the home to take a rest on December 19th. It's finally official! I've almost typed this post three or four different times, and every time there was a different holdup.
We were originally supposed to be back on the 9th, but at the end of last week, we found out that we had a major 'miscommunication' with the school. We thought they were being nice and giving us a few days off to get ready to come home (time that's in our contract anyway), and they thought that we were going to give up our bonus (a month's salary!) for the sake of a few days off. Funny how that didn't come up until the day before we were supposed to finish...anyway, we're now staying until the 18th, which is the last day of the contract, and we're going back to Iowa on the 19th. We had been planning on going to Japan, but now there's not enough time. It's a drag, but I have a feeling we'll be back in the neighborhood, so it's not completely devastating.
Some of our friends gave us their Christmas tree before they went home to Canada, so we put that up yesterday. I'm determined not to let this spoil the Christmas spirit! It's a small tree, but it's still a tree. I'm also trying to figure out what kind of holiday baking I'm going to be doing since I only have 5 days instead of 15 to make goodies. Maybe I'll post a tentative list and see if you guys have any suggestions.
14 more days...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home