More Nonsense English
Jack and Gill: Ever since they met, they've been together...


...in international airports, Carifornia, and Albuquerque (how'd they manage to spell that one right but not California?).
One more nonsense-English anecdote: We were reading about Shakira in one of my classes tonight, and I asked if they knew on what continent Colombia (her native country) is found. No one had a clue except one 12-year-old girl, who seemed really excited. She said, "Yes! I know!! Umm...North America. And China. And Thailand!"
I confess I just said, "Okaayy. Moving on..." Sometimes the communication chasm is just too great to even think about trying to clarify what you mean!


...in international airports, Carifornia, and Albuquerque (how'd they manage to spell that one right but not California?).
One more nonsense-English anecdote: We were reading about Shakira in one of my classes tonight, and I asked if they knew on what continent Colombia (her native country) is found. No one had a clue except one 12-year-old girl, who seemed really excited. She said, "Yes! I know!! Umm...North America. And China. And Thailand!"
I confess I just said, "Okaayy. Moving on..." Sometimes the communication chasm is just too great to even think about trying to clarify what you mean!


1 Comments:
I was searching on the net about the meaning of " every jack and gill..." because i have just bought a shirt which has this inscription and the truth is i´m a spanish speaker and i really want to know what is that "every jack and gill" thing.. what does it mean??? does it have a real meaning? thanks a lot.
Post a Comment
<< Home