You Know What They're Really Thinking...
Saw this headline on yahoo today: Katrina Report Rips the White House Anew.
I bet whoever came up with that must be congratulating themselves for their cleverness. When I first read it, my brain automatically translated it to "Katrina Report Rips the White House a New One." There are so many other ways they could have written that headline; "rips the White House anew" is not exactly the first thing that comes to mind! (If anything, maybe "rips into the White House," but definitely not rips anew.) We used to do the same thing in yearbook (I'm thinking of one infamous incident in particular, which shall remain undescribed to protect the innocent). So maybe it's just me, but I would love to know what they were thinking and if anyone else had the same reaction as me.
Not that I'm complaining--actually, I think it's pretty hilarious.
I bet whoever came up with that must be congratulating themselves for their cleverness. When I first read it, my brain automatically translated it to "Katrina Report Rips the White House a New One." There are so many other ways they could have written that headline; "rips the White House anew" is not exactly the first thing that comes to mind! (If anything, maybe "rips into the White House," but definitely not rips anew.) We used to do the same thing in yearbook (I'm thinking of one infamous incident in particular, which shall remain undescribed to protect the innocent). So maybe it's just me, but I would love to know what they were thinking and if anyone else had the same reaction as me.
Not that I'm complaining--actually, I think it's pretty hilarious.


1 Comments:
very astute! I actually didn't think that, but I think it's because I was waiting for you to go into a political commentary. Once you mentioned it, I could totally see it. (Is Jen there? Tell her I say hi!!)
Post a Comment
<< Home