Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Daylight Savings or Lack Thereof

Since January, Joel's had three morning classes a week at 6:30 a.m. at a company. He got sick a few weeks ago and I subbed for two of those classes...it was so exhausting and I felt so guilty that I offered to take one of the morning classes! It's hard to get up that early when the rest of your work schedule is in the evening. We've complained enough at work that they've said they won't renew the contract with the company, which is up at the end of May (or possibly June--it can be hard to get a straight answer, especially with the language barrier). The hours are waaay outside of our contracts (3-9), and I think they felt a little guilty about it as well.

The worst part about it is waking up when it's dark. I know lots of you out there in the real world do this every day for the better part of the year, but I don't think either one of us has had to get up when it's dark on a regular basis since high school. We don't have daylight savings in Korea, so it's taken a little while, but finally today it was completely light when I woke up--hallelujah! The world didn't fall apart without daylight savings after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home