Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Most Ghetto Visa Ever

I got my visa a couple of weeks ago. I started working at the beginning of March anyway, so it was pretty anticlimactic (which is why I forgot to post about it).

I was looking forward to getting a nice big visa sticker in my passport. Then they gave me my passport back. No sticker. Turns out someone at immigration just took a sharpie to the back of my alien registration card (looks like a driver's license) and wrote something about me being able to work. I knew I was getting a different visa than Joel (I have some sort of spousal visa), but I didn't realize it would only be a little note scrawled on my registration card! Before I got the visa, I got a permit to live here while Joel is here, and that was similarly ghetto--they just wrote a note next to my passport stamp. Okaaay!

It doesn't really matter to me if Korean immigration is still in the Stone Age (or should I say pen and paper age?), though, as long as I'm legal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home