Changes
As you may have noticed, we've changed the title of the blog. "Waegookin" means foreigners, and when we started the blog we were wannabes because it seemed like we would never get here what with the months of delays. Obviously we're here now, so we're long overdue for a title change. I wanted to wait to change the title until I made a banner for the title (and maybe get rid of the Blogger bar at the top if I can figure out how), but things are pretty busy this month so who knows when I'll get around to it or how long it'll take (I'm pretty remedial at that kind of thing).
Joel wanted to rename the blog Crunky!, but in the end I couldn't go through with it. So we compromised with The Lotus Eaters, which comes from The Odyssey, the ultimate journey.
Updates have been a little slow lately...we're teaching a TOEFL class, and the kids are going to take the test in May. It's a new version that's taken on the Internet and is supposed to be much more difficult, and there's a lot of pressure on us for the kids to do well. (If they do well on the new version, the school will get a good reputation and more students will want to come.) Then there's some International English Test (IET) that three classes of kids are going to take in April, so we're going to work two Saturdays in March and late nights on Fridays to prepare them for that test.
I'm only teaching the TOEFL class twice a week plus IET classes on Friday and Saturday because my visa still hasn't arrived yet...the good news is that they've applied for it and it's just a matter of time. Any day now it should arrive. I already have my residency permit, so they can't kick me out at least.
On top of that, our wireless router at home is broken and my computer's regular Internet (whatever that's called) isn't working, so I have no Internet on my computer except for at school. When I finish my current copyediting job in a couple of weeks, I guess we're going to do a fresh installation of Windows, which stinks, but I've been putting it off for the last two months and it looks like there's no getting out of it.
So that's life in Korea at the moment. I'll try to update a little more frequently now, and hopefully someday this site will get a little more personalized!
Joel wanted to rename the blog Crunky!, but in the end I couldn't go through with it. So we compromised with The Lotus Eaters, which comes from The Odyssey, the ultimate journey.
Updates have been a little slow lately...we're teaching a TOEFL class, and the kids are going to take the test in May. It's a new version that's taken on the Internet and is supposed to be much more difficult, and there's a lot of pressure on us for the kids to do well. (If they do well on the new version, the school will get a good reputation and more students will want to come.) Then there's some International English Test (IET) that three classes of kids are going to take in April, so we're going to work two Saturdays in March and late nights on Fridays to prepare them for that test.
I'm only teaching the TOEFL class twice a week plus IET classes on Friday and Saturday because my visa still hasn't arrived yet...the good news is that they've applied for it and it's just a matter of time. Any day now it should arrive. I already have my residency permit, so they can't kick me out at least.
On top of that, our wireless router at home is broken and my computer's regular Internet (whatever that's called) isn't working, so I have no Internet on my computer except for at school. When I finish my current copyediting job in a couple of weeks, I guess we're going to do a fresh installation of Windows, which stinks, but I've been putting it off for the last two months and it looks like there's no getting out of it.
So that's life in Korea at the moment. I'll try to update a little more frequently now, and hopefully someday this site will get a little more personalized!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home