Sunday, March 05, 2006

Survival


We actually ended up playing airsoft "Survival Special Battle" instead of paintball on Wednesday, but that's okay because I've really wanted to try airsoft and this was totally hardcore airsoft. The guns look and work just like real guns but they shoot little plastic balls really fast. You get all suited up in armor and headgear which detects when you get hit and then your gear flashes red in your face and you're out of the game. I always forget how much your adrenaline gets going in these kind of games. Somehow your body thinks it's real.



They can support quite a large group.


Full-auto gas powered. They were harder to use than you'd think.


The only problem was that we only had 30 shot clips. I was thinking they ought to give you another clip so you can pull some action movie style reloading.


Checking in with the computer. The whole system was computerized so you could see how many people were left.


Getting briefed on the rules. No carrying the "trees" (see previous picture) on the field as a shield.

There's a whole bunch of pictures of stuff here and some of us all geared up here. Overall it was a steal for 7 bucks. I wish it weren't leaving the city or we'd do it every weekend. --Joel

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds fabulous! I'm sure I'd die in the first 5 minutes. If I end up making it out there, we should definitely go. So much cheaper than in the states.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home