Friday, January 13, 2006

So Old

I'm 28 years old in Korea!! This is messed up. The way I understand the Korean system, you start out at age 1 when you're born. This year I'll be turning 27 in American years, so I'll be turning 28 in Korean years, which means when Koreans ask my age I'm supposed to say I'm 28 because that's what I'll be when I have my birthday. This was explained to me by a Canadian, though, so maybe I'm wrong. Like, I still don't get why I should say I'm 28 even though I won't have my birthday until November--then I'll be 28 (27 in US years). Even though rationally I know I'm 26 in the US system (the one that counts for me!), it's a major shock to suddenly age two years. If this keeps up I may be 40 by the time we get back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home