Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Give Me Caca, Please

You can stop snickering now--caca means discount in Korean. You can haggle with street vendors and in small stores, especially if you're going to buy a lot of stuff. We went shopping at an outdoor mall this past weekend but we didn't have the guts to try to get a discount. Actually, we only bought one thing--I got a sweater. The salesguy gave me my receipt and started speaking to me in Korean, and I managed to say "Sorry, I don't understand" in Korean. Then he led me outside and gave my receipt to two men at a table, and they stamped the receipt. We picked a good weekend to go shopping at that particular mall (Fashion World, pronounced Passion Wold-u by Koreans)--for some reason they were giving out roasted yams when you bought anything. They gave me twice as many yams as I could possibly eat (the sweater was only ~$25), so Joel and Travis and I ate as many as we could and gave the rest back.

I've decided I'm the least photogenic person on the planet (trust me, I have lots of evidence to back this theory up), but Joel is making me post the yam pictures anyway.

Travis and me eating yams in front of the yam stand.


Me with my yam and my new purchase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home