The Joys of Cable
For a long time we only had, like, 30 channels, 27 of which were all Korean, 3 of which were English part of the time. We kept hearing rumors of Sex and the City and Oprah being on basic cable, but we definitely didn't have those channels. Finally William called the cable company for us and it turns out it was just a matter of pushing a certain button on the remote control (which, of course, is all in Korean so we don't know what the buttons mean other than volume, channels, and power). Now we have 60 channels, 53 of which are in Korean and 7 of which are in English most of the time. I've gotten to see Sex & City, Oprah, and even random episodes from random seasons of The Tyra Show (America's Next Top Model). Then there are all the movies, like Legally Blonde and My Best Friend's Wedding. The only downside is that a lot of martial arts movies are on, and, even worse, ultimate fighting, so we have to have a few debates over whether we should watch Friends or some crappy Steven Seagal movie (or worse, a reality show about ultimate fighters who have cauliflower ear and are named Grizzly Bear).
Tonight I was going to post pictures of our weekend, but I misplaced the camera-computer cable and spent all evening looking for it. Luckily I found it--OK, Joel found it--so tomorrow you will all be blessed with pictures that involve yams. And shopping malls. And that's all I'm going to say for now!
Tonight I was going to post pictures of our weekend, but I misplaced the camera-computer cable and spent all evening looking for it. Luckily I found it--OK, Joel found it--so tomorrow you will all be blessed with pictures that involve yams. And shopping malls. And that's all I'm going to say for now!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home