Wednesday, May 16, 2007

And You Thought Rocky Mountain Oysters Were Gross...

I'll sample silkworm cocoons, I'll snack on "popcorn" crickets, and I'll give raw beef liver a go, but I may have found my Waterloo when it comes to trying exotic foods: There's an entire restaurant in Bejing that's dedicated to various animal penises and testicles.

My favorite part of the article is where the writer goes into detail about the different varieties. Here's an example: "The deer and the Mongolian goat were surprisingly similar: a little stringy, they had the appearance and feel of overcooked squid tentacles...Though both came sliced lengthwise, and looked like bacon, the horse was light and fatty, while the donkey had a firm colour and taste."

All this virility doesn't come cheap. The most expensive item on the menu is Canadian seal penis, which costs $440. (I don't think you could PAY me $440 to try it.)

Needless to say, we definitely will not be visiting this restaurant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home