Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Good Morning, Sunshine

It's been sunny for two days in a row, so the rainy season is officially over. I can count on both hands the number of days that have been truly sunny since we got here. Add to that four weeks of rain, and sunshine becomes a completely foreign concept. When I woke up this morning and the sun was shining, I felt a little like a vampire--what's that hot, blinding stuff coming through the window??

It's hot but not unbearably so. If it doesn't get any hotter than this, we'll be able to make it without a/c without too much suffering. Of course, it's only been two days, so who knows??

Random Jeju pic:


This is part of the southern coast of the island. You can't see it because of the fog, but off the coast there's a small island that's the southernmost point of Korea. It's where the first Europeans encountered Korea--a Dutch ship wrecked on that island in the 17th century.

More random Jeju pics to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home