Saturday, February 25, 2012

Milestones

Otto took his first steps today *sniff*. It's funny because he's been standing for quite a while now but hasn't shown any interest in taking steps while holding onto my legs or hands (although he has been cruising some while holding on to furniture). Then today, out of nowhere, he just started taking steps by himself. He took one in the morning and I figured that would be it for now, but tonight he took two or three steps several times. Rory started walking just after her first birthday, so he beat her by a little over a month.

He also can say three things: Mama, ow, and uh-oh. Again, he barely babbled before one day he just started saying "Mama." Totally the opposite of Rory, who was a talker from the start! I was afraid Rory was picking on him too much when he started saying "Ow," but it didn't take long before I realized that I say it to him all the time. He has a strong grip and often accidentally pinches me. I said "Ow" and he repeated it after me with the sweetest grin.

Rory's really starting to put sentences together. She also no longer calls Otto "Totto" (*sniff*), although so far he's retained the nicknames "Tots" and "Tatertot." She's a pistol but she can also be super sweet and affectionate. She loves to pat my back or arm when we're sitting together and is very generous with her kisses. She's also pretty gregarious, especially with other kids. We were at the playground on a warm day a few weeks ago and no one else was there. When a little girl showed up, Rory immediately popped out of her swing and went over to say hi, and they had a great time playing together. 

It's great seeing them become more independent, and I'm happy that the day-to-day care is becoming a little less intense, but it's bittersweet, too. In another month, we officially will have no more babies in the house *sniff*. Hopefully friends and family will start having kids so I can get my baby fix elsewhere!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home