30 Years

Today is my 30th birthday. The number seems old to me, but I don't feel older. A few years ago, maybe 4 or 5, I told Joel I wanted to have a baby by the time I was 30, this magic number that seemed so grown up at the time, which meant we needed to get started at 29. Then I promptly forgot all about it--I certainly didn't feel much older as the years went by. On my 29th birthday, when I was 8 weeks pregnant or so, I suddenly realized that I'd met my target without even thinking about it, although I didn't feel nearly as old as I thought I would. It's hard to believe that 30 years ago I was just like Rory (well, a little younger, but not much smaller, seeing as I weighed 10+ lbs at birth), and 30 years from now, she'll be all grown up, whether she feels like she is or not. Surely I'll feel old by then--or then again maybe not, if I'm lucky!
Labels: daily bun




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home