Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ulaan Baatar

We finally made it! The train from Beijing was much nicer than the typical Chinese train--I believe it's actually part of the Trans-Siberian Railway, which would explain why it's nicer (it's not Chinese). We had our own berth with two other people and a nice big window for checking out the Gobi Desert and the steppes (which are awesome, by the way). It was about 31 hours in all, though, so we were happy to get off--no matter how nice the train is, that's a long ride!

Tomorrow we're going to Terelj National Park and staying in a ger camp with a Mongolian family. Hiking and horses and yak yogurt will be involved, and that's about all I know. We're only staying for one night, and then it's back to Ulaan Baatar for more sightseeing (this is a shorter trip than the last--we leave for China on Monday). I'll try to post again when we get back from the park.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home