Save the Best for Last
After five days of nothing but Chinese food--with the exception of our hotel's glorious Western-style breakfast buffet--we were ready for Korean food again. Sure, everyone loves Chinese food, but have you ever tried to eat it for five days in a row? I didn't think so. You always hear how Chinese food in the U.S. is so different from the real thing, but let me tell you, it's not. I'm sure there are plenty of delicious dishes that are different from the standard restaurant fare, but that's what we had--restaurant fare. Even the vegetable dishes were oily. Delicious, but oily.
Just when I thought I couldn't take any more Chinese food, though, China Air pulled out all the stops. This must be the 'You thought you were sick of Chinese food, but now you'll be begging for sweet and sour pork' airline meal.
Those are 'ham' sandwiches (some kind of icky processed meat), canned pears and peaches, and a wilted iceberg salad. The jasmine tea was good at least.
Needless to say, we ate at Burger King when we got to the airport in Incheon.
Just when I thought I couldn't take any more Chinese food, though, China Air pulled out all the stops. This must be the 'You thought you were sick of Chinese food, but now you'll be begging for sweet and sour pork' airline meal.
Those are 'ham' sandwiches (some kind of icky processed meat), canned pears and peaches, and a wilted iceberg salad. The jasmine tea was good at least.
Needless to say, we ate at Burger King when we got to the airport in Incheon.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home