How I Spent My Weekend
Day 1: vomiting/aching
Day 2: sleeping/watching Cheaters, The Amazing Race, and bible tv movies starring Dumbledore (i.e., Abraham tv miniseries starring Richard Harris)
It's amazing how low your tv standards go when you're sick and everything except for two channels is in Korean. I've watched more episodes of Cheaters than I dreamed I could possibly stand. The Amazing Race, on the other hand, is pretty good. I have no idea if it's the same episodes that are being shown back home, because I've never watched it before. Over here it's season 6 and the ultra-grating Jonathan and Victoria just lost because they didn't read the clue correctly and only brought the Ethiopian farmer one donkey instead of two. That episode was pretty cool--Ethiopia looks so lush and beautiful, and one of the challenges took place in a church carved out of a single stone. A little sacriligious, but pretty cool.
Luckily the flu bug or food poisoning or whatever it was didn't last too long. I'm feeling pretty good today, so I went to the school to meet with Isabel. The only hairy part was when I thought I was eating dried squid (which is sweet and pretty good) and it turned out to be dried anchovies--yuck! Otherwise things are mostly back to normal. Joel gets home late tonight from the visa run. Maybe tomorrow I can convince him into posting a report.
Day 2: sleeping/watching Cheaters, The Amazing Race, and bible tv movies starring Dumbledore (i.e., Abraham tv miniseries starring Richard Harris)
It's amazing how low your tv standards go when you're sick and everything except for two channels is in Korean. I've watched more episodes of Cheaters than I dreamed I could possibly stand. The Amazing Race, on the other hand, is pretty good. I have no idea if it's the same episodes that are being shown back home, because I've never watched it before. Over here it's season 6 and the ultra-grating Jonathan and Victoria just lost because they didn't read the clue correctly and only brought the Ethiopian farmer one donkey instead of two. That episode was pretty cool--Ethiopia looks so lush and beautiful, and one of the challenges took place in a church carved out of a single stone. A little sacriligious, but pretty cool.
Luckily the flu bug or food poisoning or whatever it was didn't last too long. I'm feeling pretty good today, so I went to the school to meet with Isabel. The only hairy part was when I thought I was eating dried squid (which is sweet and pretty good) and it turned out to be dried anchovies--yuck! Otherwise things are mostly back to normal. Joel gets home late tonight from the visa run. Maybe tomorrow I can convince him into posting a report.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home